5 Reasons To Choose Corian Countertops
We will take a look at corian in the following article. It is a good place to start if you are new to the subject. There is a lot more information available for those that want to make a more detailed study.
5 Reasons To Choose Corian Countertops
Submitted by: Samantha Davis
When it comes to solid surface, single pour countertops, the DuPont name is one that stands out. Corian counter tops are considered the cr?me de la cr?me of the industry by many consumers who swear by their looks, durability and corporate backing.
The reasons that Corian counter tops are so popular are many. While they do have some pitfalls, the fact is they are backed by an industry leader that’s known for its creativity, ingenuity and outstanding warranties. The benefits of Corian over other types of counter top surfaces include:
* Variety: Corian counter tops are offered in more than 130 different colors. This means it’s virtually impossible to not find just the right pattern or shade for almost any room design. Providing every color of the rainbow and then some, these counter tops are a favorite of many kitchen designers for this reason.
* Warranty: These counter tops come with a 10-year limited warranty that covers most problems that could potentially arise. Considering the wear and tear most counter tops are subjected to, the length is pretty impressive.
* Appearance: The look of Corian counter tops is unlike most others on the market. The single pour design means that the counter tops are truly a solid surface. The look can mimic granite and other rich surfaces so well the only thing that gives Corian away is the fact it comes without unsightly seams.
* Single pour design: These counter tops can come in a single, seamless design. This means everything from inlays and backsplashes are provided in the single piece. This formatting enables some unusual designs and elaborate edges.
* Cleaning: Cleaning Corian counter tops is pretty simple. Since the counter tops are nonporous, stains don’t have a chance to sink in. Also, these counter tops tends to be mold, mildew and bacteria resistant, as well.
Although Corian has a number of perks, it does have a few pitfalls. The reality is, however, the pitfalls found with Corian are really no different than with any other counter top material. Those who take good care of their counter tops tend to get the most out of them both in functionality and appearance. The things to watch out for in Corian include:
* Scratching: Though Corian is scratch resistant, it doesn’t mean it’s foolproof. With this in mind, it’s never a good idea to use the counter top as a cutting surface. Instead, use cutting boards or plates to ensure the beauty lasts and lasts.
* Burning, scorching: Corian is a solid pour plastic material. Despite very good burn and scorch resistance, it’s still recommended that hot things be kept out of direct contact with the surface. This means using hot plates and trivets instead of the counters themselves. This recommendation is the same for virtually every counter top out there.
Corian counter tops are backed by the DuPont name and they come with options that are hard to beat. With more than 130 different color choices and the ability to pour complex creations, these counter tops are the favorite of many. Corian will require a little tender, loving care, but it’s a lot tougher than some might give it credit for.
About the Author: Still looking for the perfect counter tops? Try visiting http://www.typesofcountertops.com – a website that specializes in providing counter top advice, tips and resources including information on Corian countertops.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=149491&ca=Home+ManagementIf you want to know more about corian, you may click on the resources to lead you to more information. You may also use the search box to further lead you to other articles. If you want to contribute to this website, we would love to hear your suggestions! It would be great to have you share your thoughts about corian. Feel free to send an email to us.