Benefits Of Granite Kitchen Countertops
Do you want to be updated with the latest news about kitchen granite? Do you want to be the first in line about the developments on kitchen granite? Are you itching to get up to the minute information?
This blog will have the information that you need that is fresh from the source! You can subscribe to our feeds or you can join the mailing list, so you can make sure that you are in with the times, and ahead of everyone!
Benefits Of Granite Kitchen Countertops
Submitted by: Dave Marx
For renovated or new homes alike, granite has grown in popularity more and more. There are many reasons for this due to the many benefits of of granites use as a kitchen countertop material. The entire list would be too long for this article, so we’ve compiled the top benefits listed below.
1. The natural beauty of a granite counter top. Vast arrays of shades, colors, and textures are available. Colors to compliment any decor can be found weather its a neutral color or something bright, your personal tastes can always be satisfied. One note here, if your counter top will need more than one slab to complete, make sure they come from the same mine batch or color shades could be objectionably different between slabs.
2. The durability of kitchen granite countertops. Granite is one of the most durable materials available. Unlike Formica, it isn’t subject to burning by hot pots or pans being cooked with. Granite is resistant to staining and discoloring when properly sealed on a regular basis. Sealing is easily done by anyone, and a properly sealed granite countertop will maintain a beautiful shiny luster for a lifetime.
3. Every slab of granite will have different feature from the next. Patterns, color textures, distribution and depth can all vary from slab to slab, providing different character. Any type of cabinet hardware fixtures can be complemented as well as cabinet finish or flooring. A richness is added to your kitchen, one that simple cannot be duplicated with other materials.
4. Although granite will add some expense to your kitchen remodel project, there are few better investments in your homes value. Using granite for your kitchen granite countertop will increase your home value, whether you’re planning on selling your home soon or not. Home shoppers are more inclined towards a recently remodeled kitchen void of repair needs. They’re more likely to pay more for the home, or go from feeling indifferent to preferred.
Builders and contractors have noticed an increase in demand for granite countertops over the recent decade or so, and it’s no wonder with all the benefits of granite. Weather using granite to enjoy the luxury yourself, or looking to sell your home, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Consider the decor of your home while choosing the pattern and color of granite to be used. Will you be changing the decor or do you have something new in store. Neutral colors are more flexible with any decor changes due in the future.
2. Always make sure you are the one who chooses the actual granite slab to be used in your kitchen countertop. Since every slab is different, sample chips wont match exactly what’s available. If your countertop is big enough to require more than one granite slab, make sure the slabs are from the same quarry batch. Different granite quarry batches will vary in hue for the same granite type. It would be a disaster if slabs from different batches were used.
3. Never try to recycle fixtures such as the faucet or sink. With granite applications, an undermount sink looks best – mounted on the underside of the granite, with a silicon sealant preventing leaks. An undermount sink can not be installed or replaced after the granite is in place. So purchase the best quality sink you can afford.
With these few points in mind, you’re ready to go and have your kitchen countertop transformed with gorgeous granite. Don’t be alarmed when friends and neighbors see it for the first time and gasp at the transformation.
About the Author: Dave Marx – writer for Kitchen-Remodeling-Pictures.com
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=112008&ca=Home+ManagementObviously, there is a lot more to know about kitchen granite. This brief article is just a start, and the next step is to do some more research. In any case, the tips in the article set the stage for a more detailed treatment of the subject.